[ntp:questions] Re: GMT: UT1 vs UTC

fm at nowhere.fr fm at nowhere.fr
Fri Oct 31 09:50:05 UTC 2003

Terje Mathisen <terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com> wrote:
> fm at nowhere.fr wrote:
>> http://hpiers.obspm.fr/eop-pc/earthor/utc/leapsecond.html
>>
>> clearly shows this flattening.

> Very instructive!

> With hindsight, which almost by definition is hard to get, it would have
> been better to delay the last leap second by 6-18 months, that way the
> current gap wouldn't have exposed that Oncore firmware bug.

Terje,

Do you have some more information on that bug ?
Which firmware is implied on which version of the oncore ?
Where can I find informations on the mechanism of the bug ?

Thank you in advance.

my email is  fmeyer at obs-besancon dot fr

-- Francois Meyer   (Please, no html, no MSWord attachment)
Tel : (+33) 3 81 66 69 27   Fax : 3 81 66 69 44
Observatoire de Besancon - BP1615 - 25010 Besancon cedex - FRANCE
**** Université de Franche-Comté ****** CNRS UMR 6091 *****