[ntp:questions] Re: ntpd looses sync, I must always restart: please help

Andrew Hood ajhood at fl.net.oz
Fri Oct 31 12:39:00 UTC 2003

In <bns8ea$l4v$1 at dewey.udel.edu>, Harlan Stenn wrote:

> If somebody finds the script I'd appreciate somebody adding the script
> and some simple instruction on how to use it on twiki.ntp.org.

Did I miss one or more posts in this thread? I don't have any context for
this question.

I have a perl script (which I no longer need as I have broadband, except
if I use pool.ntp.org) which:

does "ntpdc -n -c pe"
marks 127.0.0.0/8 hosts and those with stratum < 16 as ok
makes a list of peers with stratum 16

opens ntp.conf and quits if this fails

generates keytype keyid and passwd commands
generates unconfig commands for the stratum 16 crowd
reads ntp.conf picking out server lines
gethostbyname's the servers
generates an addserver command for each ip where it was not in the OK list

I run it like this "/etc/ntp.reconfig|ntpdc"

Andrew
--
$email =~ s/oz$/au/o;
Totally illogical, there was no chance.