[ntp:questions] Re: ntpd looses sync, I must always restart: please help

Luca luca at pacor.de
Fri Oct 31 15:35:05 UTC 2003

"Maarten Wiltink" <maarten at kittensandcats.net> wrote in message news:<3fa24b6f$0$58704$e4fe514c at news.xs4all.nl>...

[...]

> This is what I have:
>
> -----8<-----
> driftfile /etc/ntp/drift
>
> server 127.127.1.0
> fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 10
>
> server ntp.xs4all.nl
> #server ntp.dds.nl
> #server ntp.hccnet.nl
> -----8<-----
>
> Having just one server association works very well for me, and would for
> a great many people that are now using half a dozen public low-stratum
> servers at once. Effectively, it merely limits the quality of my time to
> that of my ISP; that's good enough for me. (I have a good ISP.)
>
> Nevertheless, I would sync with my other two ISP's, but they won't let me
> unless I dial in to them.

Thanks a lot for your hints, I will simplify my config and try to use
Jan's script and let know.
I plan to install another Linux server behind this one -which is the
firewall- and I read that if the timeserver is behind the fw which is
doing masquerading (NAT) it should remain synchronized ...

I will let you know in about a week to ten days

Many thanks again for your help!
Luca