[ntp:questions] Re: GMT: UT1 vs UTC

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Oct 31 19:18:36 UTC 2003

Tim,

You scratch a beef I've held for some years. The GPS message includes
the offset of UTC from GPS time and we know the offset of GPS from TAI.
The timecode delivered to the driver should be in UTC and the leap
information should include the TAI offset in deciseconds. This would
seem to satisfy everybody and make the leapseconds file now provided by
NTP unnecessary.

Dave