[ntp:questions] Re: Heap size

Mon Sep 1 12:45:06 UTC 2003

roy at suespammers.org (Roy) writes:

> k_gopalakrishnan at hotmail.com (Gopal) wrote in message news:<f6b5173d.0308271623.2ecb5401 at posting.google.com>...
> > I am running NTP on linux and when I use do the patch for bug #146 it
> > complains that it could not find "struct rlimit".
> > Can you point where "struct rlimit" is defined?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Gopal
> >
> I don't have access to a linux system.  On OpenBSD it is defined in
> the <sys/resource.h> include file.

In both systems "man -k rlimit" should help. For Linux: (man
getrlimit)
GETRLIMIT(2)        Linux Programmer's Manual        GETRLIMIT(2)

NAME
       getrlimit,  getrusage, setrlimit - get/set resource limits
       and usage

SYNOPSIS
       #include <sys/time.h>
       #include <sys/resource.h>
       #include <unistd.h>

       int getrlimit(int resource, struct rlimit *rlim);
       int getrusage(int who, struct rusage *usage);
       int setrlimit(int resource, const struct rlimit *rlim);

Regards,
Ulrich