[ntp:questions] Re: Problem starting ntpd

Harlan Stenn stenn at maccarony.ntp.org
Tue Sep 2 10:25:10 UTC 2003

In article <ea26a3f3.0308280011.7047c5fb at posting.google.com>,
Paul Croome <Paul.Croome at softwareag.com> wrote:
>Harlan Stenn <stenn at whimsy.udel.edu> wrote in message
>news:<o4u185a1f6.fsf at whimsy.udel.edu>...
>> You also didn't show the line of output that said what verison of ntpd
>> you were using.
>
>Quoting from my original posting:
>
>"... I've looked for a timeout
>in the source code (4.1.1b) but without success."

I try to avoid assumptions, so I did not assume you were running the same
version of ntp as the code you were reading.

4.1.1b is old, I recommend you use ntp-dev, or if that is not practical
for you, 4.1.2.

I gather the machine I usually use at UDel has been hit by lightning, this
will make it Difficult for me to read email and news and also release 4.2.0.

I'm working on getting things moving again.