[ntp:questions] rootdispersion too big in ntp packet header

donglingd at hotmail.com donglingd at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 3 23:23:59 UTC 2003

HI,

   I have three box A, B and C. I configure A as a ntp master. Both B and C
configure A as ntp server, while B and C configure each other as peer.

   From time to time, I saw ntp packet header validation failed on B for ntp
packet from peer C.  Test 8 failed because rootdispersion is too big.  Has
anyone seen it? What could be the possible cause?  ntpd is version 4.

Thanks
-dongling