[ntp:questions] Re: NTP Performance...

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder varys at fortytwo.ch
Thu Sep 4 18:01:31 UTC 2003

Clinging to sanity, john153 at libero.it mumbled in his beard:
[...]

> I configured one of these PCs as a server
> with these options in ntp.conf:
[...]
> and these ntp.conf on clients:

I guess you are aware that as long as you don't have an external time
source, time will be synchronized only within the network.

The other thing: in this setup, accuracy depends on that one computer's
clock. It would perhaps be better to have each computer set up like your
time server, and have all computer act as peer to all other computers. So,
ntp should after some time take the best of your available computer clocks
as reference time. (I'm basically guessing, though)

cheers
-- vbi

--
This email was produced with 100% recycled electrons