[ntp:questions] Re: where should we update sys_rootdispersion?

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sun Sep 7 03:00:10 UTC 2003

Dongling,

Not every arriving packet results in a clock update. The clock filter
drops some that are older than the best recent packet. These drops are
revealed in the debug trace and are normal. The increased dispersion is
well below the cutoff limit.

I don't know what to tell you. I have duplicated your configuration here
and everything works gangbusters. You may need to look more closely at
the debug trace.

Sorry I can't include your message here; our NNTP server is extremely
fascist and insists the the quantity of reply exceed the quantity of
quote. I need to drop a hammer on the maintainer.

Dave