[ntp:questions] Re: How to force ntpd to set time first time if clock is withhin +-128ms range

Sarbjit Singh singh at image.dk
Tue Sep 9 20:33:07 UTC 2003

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal',

Well, you can say we are too sanity about the precision. That is correct. In
our product we like to achieve +- 1ms within short time.

The ntpdate program can't run when the ntpd is running on the clients since
the port is used by ntpd. I would then need to stop ntpd before running
ntpdate. This will give various support issues with different operating
systems, and versions.

news:1750205.XYWth8do2b at altfrangg.fortytwo.ch...