[ntp:questions] Re: NMEA driver broken? clk_fault - Please Help

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Thu Sep 11 05:19:53 UTC 2003

>If you need more information, it's a farly easy change to refclock_nmea.c
>to have it print out the offending message.  Look in nmea_receive().

I think using clockstats in the statistics config stuff will already
put the critical messages into a log file.

I patched my sources to log then ignore another type of message which
contains the location and number of satellites and ...  That lets me
graph the position of my house and the number of satellites it can see.

Frank's initial msg said it works sometime.  Did it ever work well?
If so, did something change physically in the setup?  Did the antenna
move or did something move in front of the antenna?  What sort of antenna
are you using?  How good is the location?  ...