[ntp:questions] Q: Possible to use Haicom HI202e USB GPS recv'r as refclock

Robert MacKinnon rbm at doglover.com
Sat Sep 13 21:44:57 UTC 2003

I've just gotten one of these GPS receivers with the intent of setting up a
Linux box as a Stratum 1 server.  The Haicom is based around an Evermore GPS
module and outputs RMC, GGA and GLL sentences.  I have two concerns that
might hinder this receiver to be used as an NTP refclock

1. I don't know the command to limit the NMEA output to just RMC
2. Can PPSkit support a USB connected receiver?

Has anyone tried this GPS receiver under NTP and can confirm that it works?