[ntp:questions] Re: NMEA driver clk_fault - OK. Thanks

Mon Sep 15 14:15:10 UTC 2003

Frank Hage <fhage at oberon.rap.ucar.edu> writes:

> 3. Clamping it to the side of my filing cabinets that faces the window
>    really helps reception over sitting directly on the aluminum window
>    sill, even though it has a smaller view of the sky.

I think the signal is reflected similar to light. If the reflection is
close nearby, it won't harm, but usually you just want to receive
direct signals, not reflected ones. The Trimble Acutime 2000 discards
weak signals for that reason AFAIK, but the threshold is
user-settable.

Regards,
Ulrich