[ntp:questions] NMEA driver clk_fault - Debug output

Frank Hage fhage at oberon.rap.ucar.edu
Tue Sep 16 20:46:32 UTC 2003

David L. Mills is correct. Running in debug mode or adding print
statements is not necessary. The ntp.conf file points to the log dir and
enables the clockstats output.  Look in the "clockstats" file for the NMEA
time string.

David, Could you be a bit more specific on the GPS antenna relays
you mentioned. A quick google for "GPS antenna relay" failed to turn
up anything obvious. The proper name and/or a couple of names of
manufacturers of these devices would be most helpful.

One other tidbit: I find my Garmin GPS 16  works best when 'velcroed'
straight to my office window, rather than sitting on the sill.
I've got a 2m roof overhang directly outside my window and thus have
a poor view of the sky.

Frank Hage  fhage at ucar.edu