[ntp:questions] Re: Stack size

Frederick Bruckman fredb at immanent.net
Wed Sep 17 23:11:22 UTC 2003

In article <5cb3d2a7.0309161023.23217a9b at posting.google.com>,
	kri222 at hotmail.com (Krish) writes:
> Cannot I reduce the stack size.
> I tried to reduce the stack size by setrlimit command.  The setrlimit
> calls return successfully, but doesnot seem to reduce the stack size.

Could you try the latest bitkeeper checkout of ntp-dev? It now tries
to do setrlimit() before mlockall(). We've been doing it this way on
NetBSD for a couple of years, and it does reduce the amount of memory
locked by nearly 2mb. I'm not sure if it has the same effect on Linux.
There have been scattered reports of problems on Linux from snapshots
cut before that patch went in, so it would be nice if you could test.

--
Frederick