[ntp:questions] Disable Novell-Netware-Client of setting the time

Tom Cosgrove tcosgrove3579 at lineone.net
Thu Sep 18 11:27:23 UTC 2003

>>> Vincent Smeets 18-Sep-03 08:43 >>>
>
> Hallo,
>
> How can I disable Novell Netware client to set the time?
>
> I am using Windows 2000 with Novell Netware client 4.90.0.0 and
> NTP 4.1.72.  NTP is keeping the time in sync with the other
> computers. Every time I login using the Netware client, the time of my
> computer is set by the Netware client to a time that differs of about
> 500ms. By this, NTP is out of sync and needs a few hours before it is
> in sync again. I want the time to be synchronised by NTP and not by
> Novell!
>
> I want to disable Netware client of setting the time. The login script
> doesn't contain a SET_TIME command and I have set the property of the
> Netware client "Advanced Settings->Set Station Time" to "Off".
>
> Thanks,
> Vincent Smeets

Vincent

Check in the registry under key

HKLM\Software\Novell\NWGINA\Login Screen

for a DWORD "Synchronize Time" (obviously excluding the quotes, but with
a space between the two words).  It may not exist.  If it doesn't, try
creating a new DWORD value with this name, and setting it to 0.  (The
default is 1.)

This is mentioned in Novell TID 10013637, at
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10013637.htm.

HTH

Tom Cosgrove
London, UK