[ntp:questions] Re: ??-Ntp sets time to year 2036

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Thu Sep 18 13:28:42 UTC 2003

Stephen,

The only occasion after restart when the local time variables are set to
zero is when the clock is stepped and before synchronized to the source.
There are in fact quite a few sanity checks and mitigation algorithms.
See the architecture briefing at the NTP project page linked from
www.ntp.org.

Again, a feature of our fascist news system forbids me from including
the text of your message, so everybody else must be completely confused.

Dave