[ntp:questions] Re: NTP sync

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Mon Sep 22 13:04:06 UTC 2003

Rajkumar,

Your plan runs contrary to the NTP security model, which is designed to
operate in the open and unencumbered by tunnel latencies. Security is
maintained end-to-end by public key signatures, cryptographic identity
schemes and crafted agreement algorithms. You don't need or want tunnels
of any kind. See the design described on the NTP project page linked
from www.ntp.org.

Dave