[ntp:questions] Re: Effect of Antenna Cable Delay

Dale Worley worley at dragon.ariadne.com
Sat Sep 27 20:34:33 UTC 2003

hmurray at suespammers.org (Hal Murray) writes:
> How much does the atmospheric delay change?  Is there any way
> to correct for that?  (Say by using the outside temperature,
> or the time of day.)

My guess would be that the most important part of the delay would be
in the ionosphere, which is a thin plasma, and probably interacts
fairly strongly with EM radiation.  But the ionosphere changes
depending on the time of day, where you are in the solar cycle, etc.
But other than the daily cycle, it would be hard to get adequate
information to correct for the delay, I'd think.

Dale