[ntp:questions] Re: Updating GettingStarted

Dale Worley worley at dragon.ariadne.com
Sat Sep 27 21:04:29 UTC 2003

Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.org> writes:
> > I've started doing a little work on the TWiki topic GettingStarted.
> > I'm currently editing a scratch copy, NTP.DaleWorley2.
> > Everything is considered to be a "work-in-progress".
>
> This is not the "WikiWay". Please just edit the topic in place.

Indeed, it's not the WikiWay, but I'm trying to write a quickstart
guide for the naive.  Dumping a "work in progress" on them would not
be very useful.  (How many software products ship with "first draft"
manuals?  How many of those products are *successful*?)

> Remember someone else may edit the original topic while you're
> working on your second copy.

Yeah, I've had to mess with version control before.  It's too bad that
TwWiki uses the RCS model (only one revision at a time) rather than
the CVS (branching and merging revisions).

Dale