[ntp:questions] Re: NTPv4 proposed specification available in any format?

bobrbradley at gmail.com bobrbradley at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 07:39:25 UTC 2004

Dave,

Thanks for the info. I look forward to reading your upcoming book.
Until then, I'll finish reading the NTPv3 RFC and the briefings and
flowcharts on www.ntp.org. I'm pretty new to doing any real NTP work
(other than writing a simple SNTP client). I need to adapt some of the
NTP code to a small embedded device (too restrictive for the full NTP
daemon), to improve the device's timekeeping precision and provide
synchronization, so I wanted to get a better understanding of the
algorithms used in NTP.

BTW...I hope the IETF reconsiders their policy about accepting PDF's.
Sometimes ASCII just isn't sufficient.