[ntp:questions] can't send messages

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon Dec 13 12:23:14 UTC 2004

At 2:43 AM -0800 2004-12-13, Alaios wrote:

>  Hi. I have recently subscribed to your list but all my
>  messages wait for the administrator to approve them..

	This message appears to have gone through without waiting for
moderator approval.

	It is typical for many mailing lists to require that the first
few posts of a new subscriber go through a human moderator approval
process, before the moderator will decide to clear your "moderation
bit", and allow you to post normally.

	This is to reduce spam being sent to all members of the list by
robots that subscribe to a list, spam it, and then unsubscribe -- as
quickly as possible.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755