[ntp:questions] Is it possible to run NTP daemon on loopback interface ?

Aravind babu aravindforn at yahoo.co.in
Mon Dec 20 06:20:11 UTC 2004

Dear Brad ,

                Thanks for reply.Suppose if i want to run ntpd on loopback interface in which place ( exactly in which file of source code) i have to change? My requirement is to run ntpd on loopback.

Thanks in advance,

Aravind.

Brad Knowles <brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:
At 12:32 PM +0000 2004-12-18, Aravind babu wrote:

> Is it possible to run ntpd on loopback interface ?

No. The current code does not have the ability to allow you to
select which interfaces on which you will/will not listen. This is
something we'd like to fix in the future, but I don't know when we
might be able to make that happen.

--
Brad Knowles,

Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

SAGE member since 1995. See for more info.