[ntp:questions] refclock WWV on freeBSD 5.3

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon Dec 20 20:41:28 UTC 2004

At 12:05 AM -0800 2004-12-20, david.margrave at gmail.com wrote:

>  A while back I set up WWV on a linux box, and decided to give it a try
>  on free BSD next.  I have just installed freeBSD 5.3 on x86 hardware,
>  and built the 'port' package for ntp.

	FreeBSD 5.3 integrates the latest stable version of the Reference
Implementation ntpd into the system-supplied code.  You shouldn't
need to build the ports version unless the system-supplied version
isn't built to support refclocks (I'd have to check to see if it
does).

	Beyond that, I don't know a whole lot about refclocks, so I'm not
sure I can help you.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755