[ntp:questions] Is it possible to run NTP daemon on loopback interface ?

Aravind babu aravindforn at yahoo.co.in
Wed Dec 22 07:24:49 UTC 2004

Hi all,

         I have ntp-4.1.0 code.My requirement is to run ntpd( ntp daemon) on loopback interface.I have to sent all ntp related messages with loopback address as source address.How to achieve that ? One way i know is to bind ntpd on loopback address.But i am unable to do this.Can any one  have idea to resolve this one? Anytype of help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Aravind.

mayer at gis.net wrote:
----- Original Message Follows -----
> Dear Danny,
>
> My requirement is to run ntpd on loopback interface.How to
> achieve that.I checked the code and i tried by adding some bind calls
> in code.But i am unable to run ntpd on loopback.

Please explain in detail what you really want to accomplish. This is
better discussed in the newsgroup rather than by mail. If necessary
file a bug report.

Danny