[ntp:questions] Network time out due to NTP

qazzafi at gmail.com qazzafi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 11:03:14 UTC 2004

Hi,

We have Windows 2003, Apple Mac OS X, Windows XP Pro, running on our
LAN and we are getting time out network on our.

Actually since long time we felt there is some problem in our local
area network then we use Ethereal - packet sniffing software to fetch
the network traffic and while monitoring we saw there are lots of
packets going around of NTP on LAN following detail we got from
Ethereal software:

Sequence of bulk request of NTP protocol:
Source (our LAN IP) to Destination (other LAN IP) Protocol (NTP) Info
(NTP)

How can I stop bulk NTP packets on our network any help would be
appreciated

Qazzafi