[ntp:questions] Re: CHU time source?

David Magda dmagda+trace040726 at ee.ryerson.ca
Thu Dec 30 19:14:26 UTC 2004

Steve Kostecke <kostecke at ntp.isc.org> writes:

> > I borrowed a Sun Sparc 5 (Solaris 8) in relation to other work I'm
> > testing, and was curious whether it's as simple as plugging in a
> > shortwave radio into the microphone jack and telling NTP (4?) about
> > it with 'driver 7' (127.127.7.x).
>
> And you'll need a few symlinks in /dev

Cool. I'll have to see if I can scrouge up a short wave radio from
someone I know.

> maximum error:        0.019299 s
> estimated error:      0.00024 s

maximum error:        0.440397 s
estimated error:      0.002299 s

Much better than my current settings (though most applications don't
need /that/ level of accuracy (precision?)).

I'm curious to know whether have a "nano" kernel would help decrease
the errors.

--
David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>, http://www.magda.ca/