[ntp:questions] Re: VMS/UCX build?

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Sun Feb 1 01:11:46 UTC 2004

Eric wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 17:25:06 +0000, "David L. Mills" <mills at udel.edu>
> wrote:
>
>>Think you're having trouble? Think about
>>all the losers confined to mainframe IBM. I'd tell you how they propose
>>to support NTP, but then I would begin to weep uncontrollably.
>>
>>Dave
>

> If you can stand it, I'd love to hear the story.

On the face of it, that doesn't sound too hard:

I presume you start with the us system clock which is capable of being
slaved to another system, so they'll run in lockstep?

If so, you 'only' have to emulate another mainframe's clock, sync this
clock via ntp, and slave the attached machine(s) to it?

Terje

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at hda.hydro.com>