[ntp:questions] Re: Logging and tracking drift of hardware clock

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk.not-this-bit
Mon Feb 2 14:33:49 UTC 2004

I'll usually get back the response pasted in below my signature. I'd like
to track the adjustment made each month, to see if it changes. How would
you all recommend doing this? I searched this mailing list's archives for
'logging' but didn't see anything pertaining to this situation. 'hwclock'
doesn't seem to have any logging output options.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

-Kevin Zembower

I use MRTG and perl - see:

  http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/ntp/NTPandMRTG.txt

and the results are at:

  http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/mrtg/daily_ntp.html

Obviously, you may want to change the perl script to extract the variables
that you want to plot, and I believe the RRDTOOL plotting software would
allow direct plotting of bi-polar numbers.

Cheers,
David