[ntp:questions] Re: ntp: simple question

Mike G. mqg99 at cs.com
Thu Feb 5 17:30:07 UTC 2004

Thank you all for your suggestions.  ntp now works great on all
platforms (AIX, Tru64 and Redhat - except 8.0).  My original question
was "can I make ntp never step backwards."  Well, I'm realizing there
isn't a really easy way to do this, especially when I'm trying to do
it across multiple hardware and OS flavors.  However, "tinker panic 1"
makes it pretty safe for me.  I think I'll stick with that.  If the
offset is more than one second, ntpd will quit.  Works for me.

Thanks again,
Mike