[ntp:questions] Re: A utility called "S"?

Allen McIntosh mcintosh at nospam.com
Fri Jan 2 00:04:11 UTC 2004

David L. Mills <mills at udel.edu> wrote:
>Brace for a blast from the past. The S package was distributed some
>years ago by AT&T (no kidding). It was quite a classy package and
>produced wonderful publication documents on Sunses and allegedly
>Windows. We used it here for awhile and it might even yet be available,
>but real engineers now use Matlab.

Real statisticians still use S. :-)

Seriously though, S (renamed Splus) is now marketed by Insightful
Corp (www.insightful.com).  Google for Splus gets you lots of
references.  There is also an open-source package called R that
is very similar to S.

--
My real email address is
mcintosh ##at## research ##dot## telcordia ##dot## com