[ntp:questions] Re: A utility called "S"?

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Jan 2 18:22:24 UTC 2004

David,

EPS used to be my first choice with Matlab, but that dowsn't work well
if the plot is to be used both in print and on the web. Adobe Photoshop
is useful for touchup, but Matlab uses inconsistent proportional fonts
and Photoshop renders in ugly Courier. TIFF works, but the resolution
has to be pushed higher for good print quality. No need to use gs, as
Matlab can produce TIFF and several other formats directly.

I would return to the good old S family if it were not for the fact that
the EE world has embraced Matlab almost exclusively and horsing data
back and forth between Matlab and S would be an even uglier bore.

Dave