[ntp:questions] Re: All my servers rejected

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 9 01:53:12 UTC 2004

I believe that the RadioShack GPS receivers are navigation rather than
timing.  Synergy Systems sells a Motorola M12 Timing Evaluation kit for
$198.  This includes a circuit board with the M12 and support
components, a wall wart for DC power, a hockey puck antenna with cable
and an RS232 cable.  It has a one PPS output in addition to choice of
NMEA or Motorola Binary output formats.  You need to mount the circuit
board in a box of some sort and hook it up to a computer.

I had hoped to have the one I've ordered in hand by now but no such
luck; I just talked to Synergy and they haven't shipped it yet. <sigh>

The RadioShack receiver would still be far superior to a satellite
connection with two to three second latency.  A lot depends on how
closely he needs to synchronize.