[ntp:questions] Re: All my servers rejected

Chris Stenton jacs at gnome.co.uk
Sun Jan 11 17:39:22 UTC 2004

"Wolfgang S. Rupprecht"
<wolfgang+gnus20040109T074754 at dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com> wrote in
message news:x7llohqful.fsf at capsicum.wsrcc.com...

> "Chris Stenton" <jacs at gnome.co.uk> writes:
> > Strangely, I have found that the "M12 Timing" picks up less satellites
than
> > the non timing version using the same puck antenna.
>
> Could it be the "elevation mask" (or the antenna voltage)?

Its not the antenna voltage as this is user selectable on the evaluation
board. I had also thought, as you, that it maybe some form of elevation mask
but why that would be I have no idea.

> It is somewhat disturbing that the timing unit doesn't see as many
> satellites.  I was toying with the idea of picking up a new timing
> unit and using the normal m12 for the car as a poor man's "onstar".

Very off topic I know but which PDA and s/w are you thinking of using, I
have been thinking along similar lines.

Chris