[ntp:questions] Re: All my servers rejected

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang+gnus20040111T121351 at dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com
Sun Jan 11 20:22:08 UTC 2004

"Chris Stenton" <jacs at gnome.co.uk> writes:
>> It is somewhat disturbing that the timing unit doesn't see as many
>> satellites.  I was toying with the idea of picking up a new timing
>> unit and using the normal m12 for the car as a poor man's "onstar".
>
> Very off topic I know but which PDA and s/w are you thinking of using, I
> have been thinking along similar lines.

Well, I wasn't going to post anything till I was done, but what the
heck...

I was planning on gutting a Linksys WRT54G and making it an
ntp/gps-tracklog server.  The Linksys box is cheaper than any single
board computer (approx $85 mail order), it runs Linux, and it comes
with a free wireless lan. ;-) You might be able to use to "call home"
whenever you are near a free/open wireless node.

      http://www.batbox.org/wrt54g-linux.html
      http://seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/LinksysWrt54g

Just to pretend this has more ntp relevance than it does (ob: ntp) One
could turn one of these Linksys boxes into a cheap ntp server.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
       The above "From:" address is valid.  Don't mess with it.