[ntp:questions] Re: do_clock_gettime resulting in Linux crash?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Mon Jan 19 02:49:27 UTC 2004

--On Monday, January 19, 2004 02:43:33 +0000 Hal Murray
<hmurray at suespammers.org> wrote:

>> do_clock_gettime: negative time warp on CPU#0: -467348901ns (0,9787444)
>> #  the numbers vary
>
> I'm running a Z3801A on a 2.4.16 kernel.  I have seen the negative time
> warm messages, but haven't tried to track them down.  On my system,
> it prints:  (won't complain any more), and they stop.  That's
> after a 100 or so of them.
>
> I'm using the Atom/PPS driver rather than the direct-kernel mode.

I had some suspicions about the stability of the motherboard on this
machine, so I swapped out this afternoon with a newer/faster/cheaper one
and so far things seem (knock on wood) to be stable, and there's been no
reappearance of the message after about 6 1/2 hours.  We shall see...

John