[ntp:questions] Re: Clock type 30 invalid?

Harlan Stenn stenn at maccarony.ntp.org
Thu Jan 22 06:30:23 UTC 2004

In article <GKydnWUo-9g1zZLdRVn-iQ at comcast.com>,
Richard B. Gilbert <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> wrote:
>Harlan,
>
>Where does it say that the the PPSAPI is required?

Line 87 of refclock_oncore.c .

>Looking at the code,  I see a lot of  #ifdef HAVE_PPSAPI statements.
>Don't these mean that IF you have PPSAPI you do A otherwise you do B?

Yes.

>I also don't see where timepps.h is required.  It's that #ifdef again;
>if you have it, do A, else do B.

That's because  HAVE_PPSAPI does not tell us which header to use.  If we
HAVE_PPSAPI then we expect a timepps.h header and trust that one will
be provided.

If you remove the offending bit from the end of line 87 and the result
works for you, please open an issue at http://bugzilla.ntp.org and I
expect we'll get this fixed pronto.