[ntp:questions] Re: ntpd under linux kernel 2.6.1

Guillermo Ballester Valor gbv at oxixares.com
Thu Jan 22 20:07:23 UTC 2004

Hello,

Ruben Navarro Huedo wrote:

> The problem is that ntpd is not running very well with this kernel.
> pool reports that our server is unreachable:
>
> 213.98.118.5     -94.4 __________________________________________________

May be the problem is from your ISP. I guess you are from Spain (like me),
and I also have a server in the pool (217.127.2.161). I'm in the black list
since the pool control begun. Our packets get lost somewhere in the net.
I'm in Granada, and some clients in Spain can contact my server without too
much problems. The worst is out of the country, the delays are too high, so
my server is declares unreachable :(.

I got the same problems with ntp 4.1.1, 4.2.0 and several kernels.

Guillermo.
--
Guillermo Ballester Valor
Linux user #117181