[ntp:questions] Re: NTP, Unix and the 34-year itch (better read this)

Harlan Stenn stenn at maccarony.ntp.org
Fri Jan 23 05:20:24 UTC 2004

One could certainly use the timestamp on that file as *a* way to try and
find the ballpark, but as I recall the embedded systems folks often have
problems writing files like that and want to avoid them.

I committed Dave's fixes that do some part of that dance using doubles
instead of NTP timestamps - the code in ntp-dev has it.

As soon as we finish a bit more on the IPv6 issues we'll be releasing
4.2.1.

Any and all help we can get testing and improving ntp-dev is welcome.