[ntp:questions] Re: Clock type 30 invalid?

Harlan Stenn stenn at maccarony.ntp.org
Fri Jan 23 05:28:27 UTC 2004

In article <40107630.40600 at comcast.net>,
Richard B. Gilbert <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> wrote:
>Thanks, Reg.  It's progress of a sort.
>
>I tried your fix and got:

>make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `refclock_oncore.o'
>Current working directory /export/home/rbg/ntp-4.2.0/ntpd

Yes, it appears there really was a reason the HAVE_PPSAPI check was there.

Reg has sent me new patches and I hope to integrate them Real Soon Now.

Maybe tonight even.

>What/where is the "BK repository".   I'm new to NTP, new to the
>newsgroup and generally ignorant of many of the things that "everybody
>knows".

Visit www.ntp.org, follow the Download link, and on that page click on
the "development page" link.  That page says that autoconf 2.53 and
automake 1.5 are needed; the current truth is that we need 2.58 and 1.8
(although you can use 1.7 if you edit the top-level Makefile.am).

>Is there some reason why the fixes you mentioned never made it into the
>distribution at ntp.org?

Because that code hasn't been released yet.  We do not (currently) issue
automatic tarball snapshots.