[ntp:questions] NTPd initalization

Vítor Claudino dos Santos vitor at bry.com.br
Fri Jan 23 13:04:17 UTC 2004

Hello,

    I got some problems initializing the ntpd from a PHP web page. Don´t know if someone here got the same problem but I appreciate any help here. Here is what is happening: I need to restart the ntpd from that page. To kill the ntpd I simply give a "killall -9 ntpd" (I changed the sudo config file) using the 'system()' function. When I try to start the deamon, no error message is displayed (including apache/ntp logs) but ntpd doesn´t start. I also tried to build a C program to start ntpd... the program works correctly when called by './program' but when I start it by the web page the program starts correctly but ntpd is not started. Have anyone here got the same problem? Any solutions?
    I´m running Linux Debian 3, kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4. Ntp version 4.2.0. And another fact I need to mention is that the web page works correctly when I was running Red Hat 8, kernel 2.4.18, ntp 4.1.80.

Thanks,

Vítor Claudino dos Santos
vitor at bry.com.br
BRy Tecnologia S.A.