[ntp:questions] Re: Clock type 30 invalid?

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Sat Jan 24 05:41:53 UTC 2004

>Eeeeek! I should have said the NMEA clocks don't use the atom driver;
>but, they do use the PPSAPI and require the timepps.h file. Sorry about
>that; it is late and the birds and cats are asleep.

Now I'm doubly coufused.

My NMEA gear is using 127.127.20.1 yet the subject of this thread
is type 30.  Are we talking about the same thing?

My NMEA setup is using the Atom/PPS driver - 127.127.22.1.
I think there is a way to get the NMEA driver to handoff the PPS
processing to the kernel.  This gets logging and/or I don't understand
the rest of the tradeoffs.