[ntp:questions] Re: Netra X1 time warp

Doug McIntyre merlyn at visi.com
Sun Jan 25 03:50:16 UTC 2004

Roman Maeder <maeder+news at mathconsult.ch> writes:
>Netra X1, Solaris 8, Generic_108528-27 (64 bits) time problems

>Around 04:00 MET, January 22, 2004, the system time of my Netra X1 web server
>(www.mathematica.ch) suddenly jumped back exactly 100 years into the past.
>The same thing had happened before, on January 4. Here is all the evidence I
>could collect from log files and observations.

There's a bug with Sol8 and the NetraX1 in keeping time, from time to
time it will lose all notion of what time it should be just like this.

But this bug should have been fixed in 108528-12, and you seem to be
running -27. Maybe it crept back in at some point, and you should up
your kernel jumbo patch.
Doug McIntyre						merlyn at visi.com
                   Network Engineer/Jack of All Trades
                      Vector Internet Services, Inc.