[ntp:questions] Re: Netra X1 time warp

Paul Eggert eggert at twinsun.com
Wed Jan 28 07:12:05 UTC 2004

At Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:15:08 +0000 (UTC), stenn at maccarony.ntp.org (Harlan Stenn) writes:

> Would somebody please add this information to twiki.nto.org?

OK, I added section 8.1.2 to
<http://twiki.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/KnownHardwareIssues>.

While researching this I found another relevant bug (Sun bug 4809862)
and corresponding patches (109888-26 for Solaris 8, and 114126-02 for
Solaris 9).  These additional patches are a bit hairier, since they
have some prerequisites, so your best bet may be to install all the
Sun-recommended patches.

I also found that it's not just the Netra X1.  Similar clock problems
afflict the Sun Blade 1000 and 2000, along with the Sun Fire V100,
280R, V480, V880, and V880Z, so you'll need to patch these systems
too.  (Sun Alert Notification 49016 (dated 2003-09-03) lists these
models, anyway.  It's conceivable that a similar problem also affects
some models announced after 2003-09-03.)

I added most of the above to the wiki as well.