[ntp:questions] Re: Very basic ntp question

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 30 00:09:28 UTC 2004

Well, I'd try:

server 127.127.1.0 prefer
fudge 127.127.1.0 stratum 10

Unless your local clock on the server is very good, your whole network
may eventually have a time that is off by several minutes!

If you need the correct time rather than simple agreement among all the
nodes on your network, you need to find some source of sufficiently
accurate time and use it as a reference clock.   A bare bones GPS timing
receiver can be bought for $200 or less and will supply the correct
time.  Fancier reference clocks can be had for more money (and keep
better time).