[ntp:questions] Re: Peer configuration question?

Nicholas Garfield Nicholas.Garfield at cern.ch
Fri Jan 30 08:04:02 UTC 2004

Richard,

Thanks for such a concise reply.  You have summed up nicely what I wanted
confirming about peers.....
so how does the "prefer" statement effect this scenario?  Suppose you have a
preferred "server" and a non-preferred "peer".
Will the server always win?  Suppose neither are "preferred", will the
"peer" always take precedence over a server?
I realize this is probably just pedantic, but I really want to understand
the dynamics of such a system.

Thanks

Nick

news:OcednU09jIRVAITdRVn_iw at comcast.com...