[ntp:questions] Re: wireless routers beating on NTP servers

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang+gnus20040130T135020 at dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com
Fri Jan 30 21:55:04 UTC 2004

tom at barnestormer.com (Thomas Barnes) writes:
> What I did to fix my problem was unorthodox, I know, but is the only
> way. I am told that a very early version of the firmware allows for
> configuring the NTP servers. Unfortunately, you can go forward but not
> backwards with this models firmware; it will not allow it.

Thats pretty clever.  Wish I'd thought of that.

What I ended up doing was to load the "aftermarket" firmware from
http://www.sveasoft.com.  It allows you to input the ntp hostname.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
       The above "From:" address is valid.  Don't mess with it.