[ntp:questions] No synchronization !

Izo I at siol.net
Thu Nov 4 14:47:27 UTC 2004

Folkert van Heusden wrote:
> check that your firewall allows port 123 (UDP) in both directions

I have been thinking about opening the port on the firewall but it
confused me the fact that the workstation which is behind the same
firewall as the server actually gets synchronized - to the outside
servers not only to my internal. It is not actually demonstrated in my
workstation configuration when it proved working. What is the
difference, really, between the server running the firewall and the
workstation hiding behind it ?

Izo