[ntp:questions] Timezone question/problem

Jeff Hobson jhobson at kc.rr.com
Sun Nov 7 06:21:14 UTC 2004

Running as root with ntpd running, the time is being set to UTC. My TZ is
set to CST6CDT. If I connect to a local timeserver with rdate -s
192.168.1.10, the time is set back to the correct (+/-) local time. About 10
minutes later, it is back to UTC

How do I tell ntpd to set the time to local rather than UTC? I understand
and can convert UTC to local in my head so it is not a problem for me. It is just
is a problem for all the other machines looking to this box for the local time on files
to drive sync processes. Running the users on UTC, an option, is an action sure to
 precipitate mayhem on the systems' analyst's mind and body; not a good path!

Thanks