[ntp:questions] Re: server sync's then goes away (rejected)

ken lierman kliermanm at bigfoot.com
Mon Nov 8 15:56:42 UTC 2004

Harlan Stenn wrote:
> You describe 3 sets of machines (A, B, and C) and then send the ntpq -p
> output from one of them.  Which one?  (Or did I not read carefully?)

sorry.... it was from one of the C machines.

> Unless the C set is a Large Number, I recommend having all of your
> machines "peer" with each other.

currently, A and B is a small number (1 or 2) and C is a larger number,
like 10-20.

do you mean have all the C set be peers?

> This way a single run of "ntpq -p" will show you the status of all your
> machines.
>
> Use "iburst".

already am using burst and iburst.

thanks!

as a total asside, i find it funny you sign your stuff with "H", because
i usually use 1 letter also :)